Dane's Hybrid Conversion Thread

It is a bit Dave, however, I shall reform it!

I won't thrash it so much all the time, and I'll be nice to it, so as a result, it shall reform from it's slaggish ways and decide to stick with me for the remainder of it's life :)

Prawn will enjoy these pix..
new BW hotside before I set to it porting (well almost.. I started then thougth doh before picture!)
bw-hotside-before-porting-1.jpg

bw-hotside-before-porting-2.jpg

Then after Porting (not hogging out, but porting. w/g size is stock, not enlarged, just flow to it ported.
bw-hotside-after-porting-1.jpg

bw-hotside-after-porting-2.jpg

bw-hotside-after-porting-3.jpg

bw-hotside-after-porting-4.jpg

bw-hotside-after-porting-5.jpg

The turbine on the CR1.2 unit
CR-V1dot2-7deg-clip-1.jpg

CR-V1dot2-7deg-clip-2.jpg

Assembled
CR-V1dot2-assembled-new-BW-hotside-1.jpg

CR-V1dot2-assembled-new-BW-hotside-2.jpg

and for Dane.. (well it is his thread - lol)
Nice New F23
F23-3inch-billet-1.jpg

F23-3inch-billet-2.jpg

F23-3inch-billet-3.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea on overall bhp and torque figures for the f23 bill?

I like those pics VERY much :D

Looks awesome Bill, both mine and Danes (which is infinitely more shiney!) :)

That reminds me, I need to PM you about a strategic dent!

I'd rather know first what value they provide independent of the F23. What kind of a value would they be? I don't yet know.

They would provide me plenty of value, as im stuck at the moment (and have been for 18 months) so i can move on and get my car custom mapped....i will be your hybrid tester....:eyebrows:

anyhows... anyone spot what the problem is here? (another fault found on the w/g, and why it was sticking open, sometimes and not others..)

oh joy!
beware folks..

aeb-head-on-1.jpg

aeb-head-on-2.jpg

aeb-head-on-3.jpg

Runs also a Phenolic insulator gasket, which has been "tufftied" into a transition gasket (smallport to largeport)

Also, a couple of hoses for DV and N75 have been replaced for Forge silicon ones, as what was on there was splitting.

New oil filler cap ordered, new N75 fitted, fluided up, dogbone bushed... Just waiting for the new larger AH FMIC core to arrive. (the one which should be come AH's std S3 offering thereafter) - tests will be done of course to see p_drop etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes! thats terrible isn't it!

Thanks for the other bits Bill - I knew if I left the oil filler cap long enough something would present itself. ;)

Have you heard anything from AH fabs?

I can't wait :) :) :)

You knows it, I think I'm on my bike the next few days though. Lol

when did you guys decide to get a bigger FMIC core again? i thought you were happily using Pauls old one still?

Neil: probably not no - sorry
AH may be doing something with it... which tuffty might hear from them about in a day or so..
They may stick it on ebay to sell it on - possibly

Bill,
I sent an email to AHfab using their web site to buy the first edition of the intercooler, but they don't answer to the emails, do you know how to contact them????

Last edited:
Is the shaft worn on the wastegsate then or is it missing some circlips...

Cheap *** hotside by the looks... the KKK hotside has a crimp at the top... the franken looks much better too tbh... no circlips or owt on these it seems...

<tuffty/>

ill be checking my bleeder tomoz then.....getting tempted by this franken as the days go buy....

Should be interesting to see how it performs :)

If your hotside had inserts to bolt up to the mani rather than threads straight in the hotside then chances are its a KKK one and all should be good...

<tuffty/>

Ok but I'm in Portugal e-mail is much more cheaper.... :p

Alex is a bit rubbish at replying tbh... I have sent him a couple in the past and had to chase over the phone... keep at it, I am sure he will get around to answering :)

<tuffty/>

waiting on arrival of AH fmic currently.
not going to be today as hoped..
Saturday (so say!) - dissapointing

Saturday... bummer, did they give a reason?

Cheers for the update Bill saves me giving you a call when your busy :)

I guess this means it's unlikely that I'll be seeing Dane on Sunday if he is still carless!

AH fabs have made prawn sad :(