Damsell in CD Changer distress

JennyP

Reaction score
Hello
Wondering if you could help me. I've bought a 2001 Audi A3 1.8T Sport, BUT it has no cd changer. I've been told that there is sometimes an extra cable on the loom in the boot for an after market or factory cd changer to run on. Having spent most of the last weekend sat in the boot trying to find it I finally gave up. And was wondering if any of you had had similar problems locating it and if you could save me another weekend in the boot trying to find it.

Thanks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Hi Lilyboo
It's in the lefthand cubbyhole, quite far back beyond the rear seat belt reel, clipped to the bodywork with a white clip. Here's a pic with the trim removed. Not all A3's have the cable pre-installed, so you may not actually have one.

Again not all of them are fitted as standard (but most are). The A4 just has the lead trailing in the very bottom of the tool box thingy on the left hand side (although A4 boot trim seem to differ dramatically). It is right down at the same level as the bottom of the spare wheel well. You'll have to dig around a bit, but it should be there.