Damp smell in the boot how to remove??

OVRA3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Made a bit of a booboo the other day when I hired a rug doctor for the house chucked it in the boot and some water must of leaked now my car smells of wet dog!

Any ideas other than Fabrese which didnt work :-(

use the rug doctor in the boot?

Reactions: jphc, Artimus, lau06275 and 1 other person
Take everything our of the boot including spare wheel etc.
Try and locate any liquid.
You might have to give boot liner a wash and then dry it properly.

Buy a boot size load of silica gel packs & leave them in the car for a week, moisture will go then lmao.

Reactions: jphc
Maybe I need to shampoo the carpets as suggested as its dry in there just stinks pooooooooooooooooooooooo

I hired a rug doctor

Thats where you went wrong, they are cack!

But seriously either use it again to shampoo the boot or if it's only the removable carpet then just use the shampoo with a stiff brush to scrub, rinse off and hang to dry should sort it out to save hiring the machine again

Reactions: OVRA3
Thats where you went wrong, they are cack!

But seriously either use it again to shampoo the boot or if it's only the removable carpet then just use the shampoo with a stiff brush to scrub, rinse off and hang to dry should sort it out to save hiring the machine again

I would just just buy a dog then it would excuse the car but remember a dog is for life !

Or use a large 5 or 10kg bag of rice and spread it all over the boot. It'll absorb the moisture.
Once finished with, leave the rice out during the winter for the birds to feed on.