damm skip lorry

a3guy

Reaction score
driving down the m40 , a nice big chunk of house falls out the back so im left with a nice hole in the windscreen.

should i make sure it`s cracked so they dont try to repair it :eyebrows:

TBH I'd be thankful it hit the glass and not the paintwork as the former is a lot easier to replace.

But it could have been a load better too... the skip could have pulled over and a delicious Page 3 driver (the type that would make a vicar kick in a stained glass window) could have apologised profusely to him and offered to pay the excess! It wouldn't be so annoying then.

Last time it happened to me I took it in to Autoglass and they said that it was my shout. I could choose whether to have it repaired for free or replaced and pay the excess.

booked in monday rac windcreens are doing it £70 excess

I'm sure a gently touch with a hammer would put the matter of repair or replace beyond any doubt !

We used to do this with Vans, accidently hit it with a hammer and then call in and say we had a smashed windscreen, head down and have a kip in the back of the van waiting for the autowindscreen man to turn up.

marriedblonde said:
RAC did my screen and replaced it with a genuine Audi one. Not sure if they all do this though...

J.

replaced with genuine audi one too , top job