1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

damaged leather question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Khufu, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

I've been offered a 53 plate 2.0 FSI sport to replace my aging 1998 1.8 sport. Its only got 19K on the clock and is in great condition except for one thing - the passengers seat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can it be repaired so it looks like new or would I need to buy a new seat cover? Has anybody any idea of costs for either route?

Thanks.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

It can be fixed without replacing the whole cover, you will need to find a car trimmer or auto tailor who should be able to replace the damaged panel and get a good match. Try yellow pages etc. Good Luck !!

Mark

4. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. Will have a look for cost before I make my decision as whether or not to buy the car. Its just i'm picky with details and unless its perfect it will really annoy me every time is see it :blush:

5. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

Why not buy the car on the condition that the dealer corrects the damage. That we you ave a get out clause, and dont have to worry about getting it sorted. They may even do it free of charge to sweeten the deal

6. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

Well the option is £10999 through the 'showroom' (will need 2 front tyres soon-ish) or £8000 sold as seen without them touching it as it was traded in, I tried to get them to knock a bit off but not happening - managed to find out they paid £8250 as the trade in to customer . . . . .