Damaged bumper - cost to repair???

• Thread starter imported_monkeytrousers
  • Start date
I

imported_monkeytrousers

Hello

Only had my S3 a week and last night I hit a badger. I was doing about 60mph and it damaged the bumper then I think it went under the wheel. Gutted for the badger more than the car!

Anyway, the bumper is damaged and I'm worried about the repair bill - can anyone suggest what needs doing - I think I can get away without a full new bumper, but it definitely needs the plastic surround replacing around one fog light and the bumper itself is damaged round the wheel, but hopefully can be corrected rather than replaced?

Is an Audi dealer best for this work or should I shop round?

Thanks

bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

I beleive the grill is detatchable for access to lights and the plastic surround removal - so that bit should be a straight replacement.

The bumper plastic is clipped into metal lugs on the front wing, I doubt they are bent, more likely the frontal impact has pushed the lug out of its slot - do a search here for bumper removal insructions for a full guide. If you remove the wheel arch retaining screws for the bumper, push the bumper in from the front drivers side whilst pulling at the drivers side bumper edge, you should unclip the bumper from the wing. If you inspect the lugs, they may be intact, bent, whatever, but I imagine you'll be able to slot it back in and have the bumper back in line.