Daft question about Coil Packs

S3_chris 11

Reaction score
Hi all is there any upgrades you can get coil pack wise for an amk engine as i had one go on me tonite luckily i had a spare one, do any of the newer ones fit this model? many thanks

I followed both of tufftys guides he has posted, and ended up ordering the conversion spacers and tfsi coil packs from Awsome Gti £142 all in, worth every penny the my car runs much better.

Here is a pic of them fitted.
DSCF0070.jpg

thanks tuffty and oke phill will enquire, do you use the same plugs as ive got a set of brand new platinum ones laying around somewhere which i bought ages ago.

is that a recirculating valve in your pic or a atmoshperic? thanks

thanks tuffty and oke phill will enquire, do you use the same plugs as ive got a set of brand new platinum ones laying around somewhere which i bought ages ago.

is that a diverter valve in your pic or a bov? thanks

Same plugs yes... you can gap them to 0.85mm though from the std 0.8mm (or 0.7mm on a mapped engine)

Its a diverter in the picture... std Audi management doesn't like BOVs...

<tuffty/>

cant find any spacers though just an ecs coil pack hold down kit

You don't have to use the spacers tbh... I don't and have had no issues... this is only relevant on cam covers designed for push in packs... if converting from bolt downs (APY S3's not AGU's unless doing an ICM delete) then you will need them as they will flap about... mine are in solid as a rock..

<tuffty/>

i think mine is the push in design, how bad is it that i cant remeber even though ive had that engine to bits more times than i can count one one hand

All the info on plugs are in the top two threads, and the info to work out what type of rocker cover you have vs if you need spacers. I did try the coils without the spacers at first and they fitted really nice, but got the spacers cos i think they look good.

I found with awsome they did not advertise the spacers but call them and ask for them, and they have a fresh batch in.

As for the valve, as Tuffty says it is a diverter. But that is a temp pipe that will be going,lol.