Daddy long-legs

Funnily enough this has been mentioned on UKMKIVS too. General consensus seems to be not to worry because all the enormous spiders will eat the daddy long legs :(

rich1068 said:
Funnily enough this has been mentioned on UKMKIVS too. General consensus seems to be not to worry because all the enormous spiders will eat the daddy long legs :(
I hope they do,they are getting to be a pain.

rich1068 said:

lets just hope we dont see any of them, otherwise i'll really crap maself

You can always hear them just when you have got into bed too!

And who the hell thought of the name 'Daddy Long Legs'?? It sounds about as scientific as piece of toast.

there everywhere in leeds too. Windows are covered in the damn things.

Everywhere down here too, went on a mental killing spree the other night :gun2: ha ha

Quite a few here to ..dont put me up nor down brought up in the country with all the sheep

I was attempting to teach my daughter about the circle of life.... caught one and threw it in a Spiders web. ****** (huge) spider, shot across the web as it was attempting to break free....... then, as if by magic it got away buy with 1 leg less (daddy long one lesslegs) - spider started to wrap the leg and i could see the "Mmmmm lunch" in his actions, then realised.... spider ****** off back into hiding.. Ahhhh - bless...

Got a crack from daughter for beng cruel...

My store manager thought it'd be funny to catch the buggers in a plastic bag cos it was dead and there was plenty hovering about around our lights. We ended up catching around 40 of the buggers and there was a few more left!

i've got hundreds sitting in my uncut lawn. May have to get the strimmer out this weekend and give them hell, Doom style.

daddy long legs are cool !
except when I'm playing doom3 at night in pitch black and all they want to do is head butt the monitor !

Worse than daddy long legs are spider, when I go out for a fag I always end up in a spiders web, I mean, is the spider trying to catch me or what ?

hate them things ****** **** loads around at the moment. there is **** loads of spiders around as well!

saw loads driving thru Brackley on Monday, lol... glad they're everywhere else, thought it was me

3 days they live apparantly-there was an article in paper today!

Defratos said:
P.S. Did you know dady long have the deadliest poison known to man.

I know thats true, but how come you dont hear of anyone dying by daddy-longlegs?

Ok I know they cant inject it, but say (long shot but possible), one decides that you are a good place to spread its legs, so to speak, and you get so infuriated with it that you squash it. Problem is its on a fresh open cut.... Do you die????

Anyway, I havent had many at home, but half a mile down the road at work, they are everywhere, usually around the door handles!!!!

The Slug said:
saw loads driving thru Brackley on Monday, lol... glad they're everywhere else, thought it was me

Wow there getting quite advanced the ones down here can only managed to fly into lightbulbs :laugh:

Randomjim said:
Wow there getting quite advanced the ones down here can only managed to fly into lightbulbs :laugh:
Had to read it twice but then ROFL very good

Randomjim said:

you made me choke on my pizza :mad: