1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAB Radio reception

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by funkycat, Jun 5, 2011.

1. funkycat

funkycat Member

[Jun 5, 2011]
    My MY11 Black Edition was delivered 2 weeks ago, and apart from it not having the Silver Stitching I ordered, and I am really very please with it.

I am struggling with the DAB radio reception though, thus far I've been to Manchester, Leicester and London in it, and no matter where I go it just doesn't seem to pick up any stations. I get list of local stations available in a region, but it certainly doesn't pick up the BBC DAB stations like 6 Music etc.... Just wondering if anyone else with an Audi DAB radio has experienced the same?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

[Jun 5, 2011]
    My DAB lists both regional and national stations separately. So far all the ones I've tried have been fine.
  4. mark_halstead

mark_halstead New Member

[Jul 8, 2011]
    I have an even more curious problem with my DAB radio. Reception is generally very good, but the display shows as signal cut out every time I start, even though it's still receiving transmission. Rather annoying and no idea why. And thoughts? Thanks.
  5. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

[Jul 8, 2011]
    I'm not as impressed with the DAB as I'd hoped to be if I'm honest.
  6. KoFidee

KoFidee S-LINE VCDS Map User

[Jul 9, 2011]
    mY DAB is fine great addition should be standard can always get 5 live sport & extra unlike on mw!
  7. sp218

sp218 New Member

[Jul 16, 2011]
    Mine has been ok. In London reception seems to be fine but it did cut off a few times outside London in the South East.

Isn't it the Government's plan to switch off analogue in 2015, if they achieve a certain target in terms of users and coverage? I think all new cars have to be fitted with one by end of 2013. So I guess it makes the car a little bit future proof.
  8. toastyhamster

toastyhamster Member

[Jul 17, 2011]
    That's what I heard but I think it'll be pushed back as the take up hasn't been what was expected - particularly in cars, I expect it's single figure percentage of cars that have it fitted at the moment.