1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAB Radio reception

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by funkycat, Jun 5, 2011.

1. funkycat

funkycat Member

My MY11 Black Edition was delivered 2 weeks ago, and apart from it not having the Silver Stitching I ordered, and I am really very please with it.

I am struggling with the DAB radio reception though, thus far I've been to Manchester, Leicester and London in it, and no matter where I go it just doesn't seem to pick up any stations. I get list of local stations available in a region, but it certainly doesn't pick up the BBC DAB stations like 6 Music etc.... Just wondering if anyone else with an Audi DAB radio has experienced the same?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking
    VCDS Map User

My DAB lists both regional and national stations separately. So far all the ones I've tried have been fine.

4. mark_halstead

mark_halstead New Member

I have an even more curious problem with my DAB radio. Reception is generally very good, but the display shows as signal cut out every time I start, even though it's still receiving transmission. Rather annoying and no idea why. And thoughts? Thanks.

5. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking
    VCDS Map User

I'm not as impressed with the DAB as I'd hoped to be if I'm honest.

6. KoFidee

KoFidee S-LINE
    VCDS Map User

mY DAB is fine great addition should be standard can always get 5 live sport & extra unlike on mw!

7. sp218

sp218 New Member

Mine has been ok. In London reception seems to be fine but it did cut off a few times outside London in the South East.

Isn't it the Government's plan to switch off analogue in 2015, if they achieve a certain target in terms of users and coverage? I think all new cars have to be fitted with one by end of 2013. So I guess it makes the car a little bit future proof.

8. toastyhamster

toastyhamster Member

That's what I heard but I think it'll be pushed back as the take up hasn't been what was expected - particularly in cars, I expect it's single figure percentage of cars that have it fitted at the moment.