1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAB radio in a B7 ?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by gradwells, Jan 25, 2012.

1. gradwells

gradwells Member

Just had my injectors replaced in the recall but my loan car was B8 with the DAB radio fitted its fantastic .
    Is it possible to fit this type of radio / satnav to the B7 range ? my old car has satnav & BT now . or was the loan car just to tempt you into a new car ? LOL

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

The DAB tuner from a B8 cannot be fitted into a B7, they're completely incompatible.

4. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator
    Site Sponsor Regional Rep VCDS Map User

As Dave said, can't be fitted as the B8 has a MOST (Optical Fibre) connection for the DAB radio.

A cheap alternative, and what I offer to my customers, is a Bluetooth Fiscon kit which has A2DP bluetooth steaming which can stream DAB radio from your phone, should you have a DAB/Satellite Radio App installed. Only downside is that this streaming uses data but its certainly a viable alternative.

5. gradwells

gradwells Member

Thanks for the replies , almost need to buy a new car to get DAB LOL . The Fiscon look a good bit of kit probably bit better than the Parrot kit I have in my van which will stream via BT but keeps locking up whichever phone you use so you default to listening via the built in SD reader .

6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

I have a B7 with RNSE, and I retro-fittred a Revo In-Car DAB radio. I had it fitted previously in my B6. Details of the install, with pictures, can be found here.

Revo no longer makes the In-Car DAB, but there is an unused one up for sale on Ebay right now. Here's the link

#5 jdp1962, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  7. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator
    Site Sponsor Regional Rep VCDS Map User

The best bit with the Fiscon IMO, is thats its completely discreet... all modules are hidden behind the stereo and microphone in the interior light, everythings controlled on the DIS using the controls on the steering wheel.

8. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

I realise a retro-fit HU will not be to everyone's taste, but with a bit of planning, it can be made pretty unobtrusive. Plus, it's inexpensive, which might be good if you only want it as a stop gap while you save up for a new car with OEM DAB. I would emphasise though that an external aerial is essential. I use a Panorama glass-mount antenna, mounted at the top centre of the windscreen.

I've found a thread on another forum where I posted pics of the install in my current car. Click here.

#7 jdp1962, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012