DAB Radio adapter

sunscreemer

Back with the 4 rings
Reaction score
Hi guys,

One of the two things i quite fancied, but couldn't get, when i specced by 2.0TDI BE Quattro 3dr were DAB radio and the tiptronic gearbox. I have the DVD based sat-nav system and having read an article on DAB radio heard that Ford were releasing an adapter for their head units to convert them to DAB units. Does anyone know of any similar plans Audi may have for my unit?

I would really like DAB radio but don't want to fit an untidy secondary unit and would love an adapter fitted to the back which would mean the radio button then becomes DAB.

Cheers,

Mark

Can't see them doing anything like this tbh. As they've just refreshed the RNS-E unit, if they were going to support DAB they'd have built it in at that point surely?

Their high-end MMI system now supports DAB so that's probably the way forward. The RNS-E is now only supplied in the A3, TT & R8 so I'd imagine that, as these models are replaced, they'll get the full MMI system and the RNS-E will be retired.

From what I've heard, DAB is overrated anyway. Coverage and reception can be problematic with a stationary unit, let alone in a moving car.

I use my iPhone in it's cradle connected via an aux cable that runs behind the dash into the back of the headunit, nice and tidy and you can use the radio app to recieve internet streamed radio stations from all over the world.

Sounds so much better than FM radio.

You need an iPhone or similar type of phone to do it, but good value option if you already have one.

I use my iPhone in it's cradle connected via an aux cable that runs behind the dash into the back of the headunit, nice and tidy and you can use the radio app to recieve internet streamed radio stations from all over the world.

Sounds so much better than FM radio.

You need an iPhone or similar type of phone to do it, but good value option if you already have one.

And a generous monthly data access limit if you spend a lot of time in the car :redface:

Paul

you could always go for a freeview tuner in the car, youd get your dab access then

Phil, is it lunch time already lol, get back to work and get that S3 finished, or are you still searching for buckets?

And a generous monthly data access limit if you spend a lot of time in the car :redface:

Paul

The iPhone data tariffs are unlimited. Well they always were until the new iPhone 4 came out now any new contract is subject to data limits, hence why i'm sticking with the one i'm on!

Phil, is it lunch time already lol, get back to work and get that S3 finished, or are you still searching for buckets?

haha no sneaking on while i waited on some stuff uploading, im still raking, i live in hope of bargin buckets!