DAB display help

Chris28

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the DAB display can show the radio show title AND song that is playing? I have found the reduced screen but doesn't really display anything but I have also found the show listing that tells you what show is up next but I'm hoping there is a feature like:

Station - Radio 2
Show - Chris Evans
Song playing - Rihanna - Diamonds

Something like that, that you would see on a normal DAB radio if anyone knows.

Cheers

I'm not in the car at the moment, but from memory if you go to the functions screen, there's an 'i' icon - select this and you should see the info you require. It took me a good few minutes of playing to locate this the first time. I was certain it should be possible, and I'd have thought the reduced display should show it, but no.

Hi constvoid

Thats great, just tried it and gives me the station info but no song information but its a good start, cheers :)

Sorry - I thought that was the right one. I'll have to check next time I'm listening to DAB.

Depending on the station the "I" screen will show song info! If you have the tech pack it displays show times as well, but don't get vertigo started on that :)

Also I did post awhile back that some stations show artist pictures and song info, capital is one, along side the "I" icon is the slide show icon, go to the same place that you choose the info button but pick the slide show button, after a few secs the screen will fully show a photo of the artist and song information :)

that works for the standard set up as well as the tech pack, but you have to have DAB!

edit* below is my original thread, last post shows how slide show is displayed

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-8v-chassis/174154-dab-settings.html

Last edited:
Hi number3, thanks for your reply and I've just had a look at your pics and yep Capital is the only one for the slide show and seems to take a while to load so will try again when I'm heading to work but thanks for your help and your link. :yum: