1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DA Pad(s) for Lime Prime or Achilles Prep

Discussion in 'Juicy Detailing' started by scotty76, Jan 25, 2012.

1. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member

[Jan 25, 2012]
    Hi Jen,

I'll be looking to get the DAS6 DA in the next couple of weeks. I'm not looking to correct at the moment so will be going for either Achilles Prep or Lime Prime. Do you have any view on these two? I'm can't really make up my mind but am leaning towards the Achilles Prep at the moment as it seems to have slight cut plus filler.

What pad or pads would be best to use with these? Hex Logic 5.5" white?? Any others? Do these fit the 5" backing plate that comes with the DAS6?

Thanks for any help.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen <span style="color: orange">Jen – Juicy Detailin Site Sponsor

[Jan 25, 2012]
    Valet Pro Achillies Prep and Dodo Juice Lime Prime both have an element of cut and filling, however the first product tends to not fill as much therefore for first time use I would go with LP on a White hex logic pad.

The Kestrel DAS 6 comes with a 6" inch backing plate as standard and we include a 5" inch for FREE, therefore all the larger pads (3M, Hex Logic) which are 5.5" will fit.

Don't forget you need to add some LSP (last stage protection) on afterwards
  4. scotty76

[Jan 26, 2012]
    Thanks Jen, that's exactly what I needed to know. Looks like Lime Prime it is!
  5. scotty76

[Feb 9, 2012]
    Order's in. Lime Prime, DAS6 + white hex logic pad. Can I just check:

Mist the pad with water to start then how much product? 3-4 blobs to start, less after that?
    How big an area should I do with lime prime in one go?

Thanks.
  6. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen <span style="color: orange">Jen – Juicy Detailin Site Sponsor

[Feb 9, 2012]
    3 to 4 on the first couple of times and then not so much after as the pad will start to get to saturated.

Work in a small area no different to if you were using pure polishes as this will help to create heat in the panel. I'd say break the bonnet area in to about 8 sections, doors generally 4. If your working outside then just see how it goes as it can depend on the temperature your working in.

Order packaged and awaiting collection for you :)
  7. scotty76

[Feb 10, 2012]
    Jen, parcel landed 12:45pm today. A little less than 24 hours after order. Superb service. Thanks for all the help and advice. Really enjoyed using the DA and look forward to more sessions with it in the future. Shame I couldn't stretch to the Blacklight + V7 too but I had to draw a line somewhere! :)