1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D.V removal.HELP

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by nell.l, May 21, 2011.

1. nell.l

nell.l New Member

Tried to fit a new dv to my 2.0tfsi quattro.there is just no access,I had the car up on a ramp an still i just could't get to it enough. any ideas?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

I thought it's right up on top - certainly my replacement one on my 2007 S3 is easily reachable between the engine block & battery / CAI area and the original one that's cable tied out of the way is right next to it & easily accessible.

Maybe it's moved on newer cars, but mine wouldn't need a ramp to change it fella...

4. Boydie

Boydie Boycie
    VCDS Map User

The 2.0tfsi from the Gti is at the bottom and as far as I am lead to believe it is a ******** to replace

5. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

Nightmare! Sorry OP - just for once the S3 is easier to tinker with than other models.

I'll get me coat. Again...

6. antmax7

antmax7 Member

jack car up from drivers side remove drivers wheel if you need to go from underneth car unclip electrical plug use a torks socket a universal joint and a extension bar there is only 3 bolts shold take no more that 30-40mins from start to finish
    HTH!

7. nell.l

nell.l New Member

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I think i'll have another go an as you say remove the wheel an maybe some off the plastic trim and see if an extension will do the trick.

8. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

As Antmax7 mentioned you can do it by removing the driver side wheel, you don't need to take any plastic guards off. You really need a 1/4'' rachet with some extensions on it with a swivelley (sp) on the end.

All 3 bolts can be accessed without too much issues, i did mine a couple of months ago on the driveway, took about 20mins in total. If you are close to me then i am more than willing to give you a hand doing it.

9. nell.l

nell.l New Member

NEW dv working a treat.
    Thanks for the advice people.