cylinder 1 no compression

thx bill dan is gonna try his best to sort it for me 6 week wait for a new hot side to be machined and sorted for my turbo really hv no chance of waiting that long.. I'd hv to take weeks out of work

need help setting up my cam Timming guys so as the head and cams stand,
I hv my head with cams sat in it VVT unit tightened down with gasket and sealant done.. also tensioner tool still tight keeping slack off chain.
all cam caps in plc ready to tighten up and my Timming mark are like this is this correct can I tighten it all up as I'm thinking when I slacken tensioner off the marks will pull in and line up.

inlet side

Exhurst side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
59cfa469b8a85c25265d19679061049d.jpg

It's just trial and error mate.
With the crank and exhaust cam timed up, and the exhaust cam bolted in.
I had the inlet cam loose so I could alter the timing.
If you have the cam timing right with 16 links then when you release the tensioner tool the cams should not rotate or move at all, as tension is equal both above and below.

Reactions: s3gazz
thanks Karl I'm just stuck with knowing when to tighten it all up lol....they hv to be bang on all the mark.. or 1 slightly off I just don't know plus how the tension gonna affect it..
iv just slightly niped them all up and now iv ****** the head, de threaded one of the cam cap threads in the Exhurst side

Got a tap kit?

Go for a cup of tea mate, catch up on wheeler dealers and head back out to it.