1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cycling in west yorkshire

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by benr, Dec 6, 2008.

1. benr

benr Member

Hi, i know its quite short notice and dont really know who to ask...

Tomorrow i am looking to get back on my bike and currently living in leeds. Want to get back into 10 miles a day as im getting lazy...

Was thinking of a 30 ish mile ride tomorrow in the west yorkshire area. Can anyone recommend any places to go, i wouldnt mind driving somewhere but would like some good routes/places to go.

PS i have a specialized sirrus hybrid bike so off road is out of the question

thanks for any advice
  2. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

There is the trans pennine trail. I go to Ladybower but thats a fair treck for you. I used to go over Dunford Bridge way but don`t get out much now with my young daughter to look after
  3. benr

benr Member

trans pennine trail looks really good actually. might give it a go next weekend although it looks like i might struggle without a mountain bike.
  4. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

its flat but can be soft in places I did dunford bridge to penisone once, its slightly up hill there and wasn`t too bad (after a knee op) but coming back the ground had thawed out and was harder work downhill !!!!!