1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CVT transmission failure

Danielrm Jan 24, 2013

1. Danielrm

Danielrm New Member

Hi all, I want to know your experiences with these transmissions, here in my country is a headache, it is very difficult to repair and new is worth more than 10,000 euros, 6 months my car in the shop and it is not good, I just found 3 other Audis with failing and non-repairable. so I want to know your experiences with these transmissions or not we care for Mexicans. thanks

2. bitnics

bitnics Member

I have a problem with my CVT box on my A4 Cab 2.4 Sport. Sometimes when I try to pull away it chokes then loud bang noise follows. I am going to change the gearbox oil, gearbox oil gasket and gearbox oil filter. I am also going to upgrade the software on the gearbox although I am still re-searching where I can get the latest possible firmware and how to do it using VCDS. There are some people on eBay doing it for £200 but I am not going to follow with it as if this won't fix the problem I will have to get a new gearbox anyway. I am also trying to locate parts to buy to refurb the gearbox with my father. If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it.

I heard about this gearbox having a design fault that it will break at some point. There were rumors of Audi recalling them which I am going to check. People recommend 40,000 miles oil change. Does your car history mention anything about replacing the gearbox oil?