Cutting out

macattax

Reaction score
Hi,
I am still having a problem with car stalling.
It happens now and then maybe 3 times a week.
Here is the scenario:
I am doing about 40 mph when I come to a small hill which also has a sharp bend. Procedure:
1. Clutch in
2. Drop into 3rd gear
3.apply brake
4. release clutch .

Ok it is usually at stage 4 that she will cut out but also sometimes at stage 3.
Someday I am gonna end up rolling into an on coming car due to steering as each time I am battling with the steering wheel to turn into the bend and also trying to reach the key to start the ****** up again .
Any ideas whats causing this and how I could possibly prevent it!?:wtf::anbet:

Does it stall whne coming to a standstill, or is it always at speed?

Its more when slowing down fast if you know what I mean.

Does it idle OK?
The only time I remember a car doing this all the time was on a mate's 205 GTi, and it was the air flow meter, so I don't know if the MAF on an A4 would give the same symptoms, but he always had to blip the throttle and brake at the same time until it was fixed. It also caused a really lumpy idle.
Also worht a try cleaning out the throttle body around the butterfly valve - take off the inlet piping and spray plenty of carb / injector cleaner spray in there also opening the butterfly by hand while you do it so some gets in and around it.

Yeah it idles fine I actually bumped it up a bit on vagcom to about 27 or 28 but it made no difference it still cut out.
What is the max you can VAG the idle to anyway?
Thanks for the tip about the maf ill have to look into that.