Custom tune, strange cutting out

J Eyo

Polo GTI (6) R
Reaction score
So,

This is a hard one to nut out, love/hate my custom "stage 2" that some days seems to be a real stage 2, other days, feels stock....

I've recently been doing lots of fwy driving. At high speed its zippy as anything, it'll just go all the way to 200 no problem. Turbo is super responsive, really agile, never feels bogged down. Then hit the off ramp, back onto the normal streets, turbo is just about to be active, starts building boost....then gone, sharp cut, as if Ive violently taken my foot completely off the accelerator, car bogs down seriously and turbo feels like its gone...no codes.

If I feather the accelerator around the 2.5-3k rpm mark and really get the turbo going I feel I can almost force it to get back into its spirited responsive turbo feel but never really get's there. As always, idle is quite shaky. 1000% no leaks.

Literally EVERYTHING has been replaced, before and after the tune, even the coil pack wiring harness. New FPR on the way JUST to clear this as a possible issue. Again guys no codes, so after changing absolutely everything else...multiple times... I'm thinking...fuel pump?

Worth logging throttle as well to see if it's throttle when it's bogging Dow

Always and only VCDS (registered) for 2 years, which block is TB?