Custom ECU map

puggsy21

Reaction score
Hey everyone im looking to get some things turned off on my ecu, i have a miltek exhaust system from the manifold back with a decat pipe but need to get the sensors turned off to stop the car from going into limp mode i have to manually erase the codes everytime i go out in the car.

I am also looking into getting a stage 1 remap but dont currently have the time to get it sorted, but am looking to get done fairly soon

thanks in advance for any responses

do i need to get a custom map just for turning features off in the ecu or can it be done when getting the car remapped, never had a remap on any car i have owned so dont know how it all works. Sorry for being dumb and not correctly detailing exactly what i am after

You will need a custom map if there are specific things you need turning off... depends what they are of course as the ECU still needs certain bits to remain connected else it won't run properly... turning a code off doesn't 'fix' faults of course...

Do you have a list of fault codes/stuff you want addressed?

<tuffty/>

I keep getting these errors everytime i start the car and the eml comes on as soon as i plug my scanner in and read all codes i get these

17526/P1118/004376 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S2: Open Circuit
17522/P1114 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor; B1 S2: Internal Resistance too High

Im 100% sure the reason for these errors is due to the fact i no longer have a catalytic converter instead i have the miltek decat pipe still has the sensors screwed into the decat pipe but they dont register the cat being there hence the eml

Well... normally the code you will get from a decat is to do with cat efficiency not these... these codes are because there is a fault in the post CAT lambda...

CAT efficiency can be coded out but its generally required to leave the lambda connected still as the ECU will not adapt fuelling properly if its disconnected...

The post CAT lambda can be coded out but it doesn't always work so generally speaking its easier to leave it in and connected (you will need something to bung the hole with anyway) and keep the ECU happy

Personally I would buy a cheap secondhand one from eBay and plug that in... assuming the wiring isn't damaged that should fix those codes

As for coding out the CAT efficiency... this is normally handled in stage 2 not stage 1 generic maps but as you will have read in the FAQs (big remap thread) custom maps are preferable regardless on these cars due to the vast differences in engine condition and mods... generic maps don't really deal with todays engine wear and bolt on mods so I would advise you to go custom regardless...

I would also sort the lambda issue out first as its the kind of fault that most mappers would expect fixed before they continue mapping as it affects fuelling (I believe the issue relates to emissions readiness)

<tuffty/>

I keep getting these errors everytime i start the car and the eml comes on as soon as i plug my scanner in and read all codes i get these

17526/P1118/004376 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S2: Open Circuit
17522/P1114 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor; B1 S2: Internal Resistance too High

Im 100% sure the reason for these errors is due to the fact i no longer have a catalytic converter instead i have the miltek decat pipe still has the sensors screwed into the decat pipe but they dont register the cat being there hence the eml
those are because the lambdas either not present, unplugged or plain broken.. - replace it and the codes will go away
simples

can i be cheeky and ask if anyone has part number or link for these just so i can see what part it is and know im getting it for the correct model and year

Part numbers can be found following the link in the parts thread in the pinned posts...

Other than that try GSF/ECP and just make sure its a Bosch part... just be aware that the part numbers are similar across various cars but the suffix letter tends to cover the different lengths of cable for different models... the sensor itself is the same bit... GSF etc will sell you a part with a long cable as its easier to carry one part to fit all... alternatively use the parts request function of ASN and get a really good price from TPS

<tuffty/>