Curry hooks on Avant

Tolak

Reaction score
The saloon guys have the neat facility of curry hooks, mounted in the boot under the parcel shelf.
Unfortunately, the Avant doesn't have that sheet of metal in place to hang similar hooks from.
So, the question is, where have Avant drivers fitted curry hooks?

I did wonder about mounting onto the rear tonneau cover (so just like the parcel shelf) but cannot afford to have the bolts sticking into the roller zone. Glue? Tie wraps?
Or we can fit it to the sidewalks of the boot area (to keep the load bay floor free)
And the place I really fancy is under the glovebox, so when I am out collecting a curry, I can reach across and use the hooks exactly as required. Folding flat, away from the passenger, should make it fuss-free.

Anyone have experience of these abnormal installations?

The upper chrome lashing eyes at the sides are hooks too.

Yes, I noticed that, and have tried them, but they are small hooks (so only one bag per hook) and slightly too close to the boot floor, so the bag often falls off the hook.
I suppose one option is a bungee between the two lashing eyes, and I could support a whole line of bags!

The avant hooks don't work well with one or both bag handles normally coming off. I certainly wouldn't hang a curry on them.
I have 2 spare curry hooks and plastic captivated nuts, thst may off come out of my last saloon ;). But not worked out the best place to mount. So would be interested to know where best from others.

From flea bay, search "cargo trunk bag hook", and you can get them for a couple of quid. (Cost depends on speed of delivery; I got mine on the never never from HK)
So I have a few hooks to put into the family fleet, and so can try different locations; still good to hear from people who have found good alternatives to the parcel shelf.

I normally use my phone charging lead passed through the bag and looped around my gear lever!