current best clutch kit for stock power

bishbosh89

Reaction score
hi all

As part of my renewal, I will be changing my clutch on my 1.8t. It's still on the stock clutch and is biting high on the pedal.

Is the best clutch the OEM one ? A cheaper aftermarket alternative ? S3 1.8t clutch ?

I have never had to change a clutch before so I'm not sure what route to take.

If it helps, I shall be re mapping the car once cambelt, clutch and turbo have been done.

Thanks for any input and apologies for such a boring question, jamie

They all bite high on the pedal, so dont assume that its going to fail just because of that.

Various upgrade options are available including a machined 1Z flywheel and S2 clutch or a TTV/ECS flywheel and S4 clutch

Depends how much you want to spend and how much power your going for.

Hi aragorn.

Budget will be about 200 pound if it helps. Maybe a bit more.

Thanks for all replies. Is the only place to get the stock clutch from audi?

standard clutch will cost you around 100-150, but your probably wise changing the flywheel when its apart.

If its not actually slipping, i would put the money aside and ignore it for now, you may well find its fine.

Reactions: Oranoco and bishbosh89
standard clutch will cost you around 100-150, but your probably wise changing the flywheel when its apart.

If its not actually slipping, i would put the money aside and ignore it for now, you may well find its fine.

Seems sound advice, I'm all for preventative maintenance and with a remap around the corner, I thought my 166k clutch would be vulnerable.

I'll buy the clutch from Audi this week end and keep it aside. Thanks to all.

My 2.5 B6 is on original clutch and at 172K miles I put on a remap. Has been fine, even with the extra grunt. So don't worry too much about the clutch.

I have every receipt with my car since new and there isn't one for the clutch being changed. So I'm 99.9% certain it's original.

Your OE clutch will either be Sachs or LUK. Don't buy it from the dealers you will be wasting your money, They are no different to the Sachs or LUK parts you can buy from a motor factors except they will have the VAG logo on from the dealer.
One of the cheapest places I have found for clutches is https://www.buypartsby.co.uk/
Have a look and compare the prices with places like carpartsforless.

Karl.

Reactions: bishbosh89
Thanks guys. Some great info there. Potentially saved me a lot of cash too!