Cupra splitter.

Where exactly did you have to trim the splitter to fit the GMBH front bumper? i tried to see in the photo, but couldn't tell. I have the full kit on my car and am thinking about this.

Matt
ha ha.... nice try... mine's 20mm lower (sport), S-Line kit makes it lower still... and I was driving 100yds+ in snow up to the bumper... I was using the headlight washers to clear the snow off the top of the bumper.... it's not THAT surprising it started to twist.... took it off before I did more damage to the splitter or my lower bumper...

no extra bonding needed - I'll just pop the same screws straight back in once I know I won't need to be driving in any more of that - actually pretty easy to work on it at my parents' place... the drive is so steep, there's about the same clearance as we had on the ramps if I park on the edge of their drive...

here's the pics of it on, you can now see why I was going to clean the car first...

it would be just the ends mate like in mine all thou i have a standerd bumber as it over hangs into the wheels archs

And obviously the two legs in the centre. These are very tricky to get the angle right to match the underside of the bumper.

forgot about the legs lol i did not get mine 100% right as you say james its tricky

it's jsut the splitter that u trim, not the bumper.... and as above: little legs in the middle (tricky to get right, but pretty much invisible) and a bit off each side (which is pretty visible, but obvious where to stop!)

it's jsut the splitter that u trim, not the bumper.... and as above: little legs in the middle (tricky to get right, but pretty much invisible) and a bit off each side (which is pretty visible, but obvious where to stop!)

I'm confused as to the consequences of not getting the little legs in the middle right. Would it make the splitter sit at a bad angle compared to the bumper? I really need to stop being such a lazy **** and get on with this mod.

it would make it sit slitly twisted but you do have a bit to platy with though

I'm confused as to the consequences of not getting the little legs in the middle right. Would it make the splitter sit at a bad angle compared to the bumper? I really need to stop being such a lazy **** and get on with this mod.

just get it approx right and then don't tighten the screws ALL the way in on on the middle... assuming you don't get the angle spot on (which is quite likely) and you then tightened screws up in the middle really tight, then it would twist the centre part... so the solution is "just don't tighten them all the way" or if you think you've got it badly wrong, you could jsut "do a Holmfield" and chop 'em off entirely and nobody would notice...