Cupra splitter.

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been talking about this for ages, but finally did it today!

BEFORE:

Cupra001.jpg

AFTER:

Cupra005.jpg

Cupra006.jpg

does look v nice - what did that cost inc delivery?

do you have the VAG part number?

it's just 4 screws for the install, isn't it?

I've got next week off and there's plenty of Dub-dealers around my neck of the woods, so I assume I can just get one from there.... hmmm....

Last edited:
that looks cool , wasn't sure if they fitted on standard bumpers but want one now , big question where to get one and the part number if pos

i'm sure i saw it on ebay not long ago new for something like £25 looks good james

19 quid from seat. dont really need a part no just ask for the cupra r splitter.

Finally James :) Looks great mate. :icon_thumright:

1ML 805 903 for those who really want a part no :p

Looking good James!
You cant complain for a price of a Takeaway eh!!!

Cheers guys :)

I bought it from JamesS4Cab who no longer needs it. last I heard is they were £21.60 - but him having it available to collect there and then spurred me into doing it!

it's just 4 screws for the install, isn't it?

Its far from a straight fit, the ends need trimming and a couple of lugs from the centre. It's pretty straightforward though (although you have a different front ;)) - I would recommend having a mate on hand to lend a hand, I struggled a bit on my own. It looks fine, but there are a couple of things I would do differently second time around.

I used a few more than 4 screws to make sure and hold it closer to the bumper. Deffo do it next week if you can :thumbsup:

Looking good James!
You cant complain for a price of a Takeaway eh!!!

You must eat more than me ;)

Prawn crackers do rock :drool:

And yes you're right, £20 well spent, makes the standard front in combination with the dechromed S4 grille look much better :cool:

About time you said when i done mine that you were going todo it and that was ages ago ,
have you bonded it as well or just screw,d it on ?

Would the Cupra R splitter work OK with the Votex lower front bumper?

have you bonded it as well or just screw,d it on ?

I've just screwed it on. In honesty it's not the neatest job in the world, I was hoping for a mate to lend a hand but ended up doing it on my own which was a bit of a fiddle. In an ideal world, now I know what I'm doing I should get another one and do a perfect job. But it's good enough for now at least.

so are you going to tell us how to do the perfect job or is that the secret of 2010 lol

so are you going to tell us how to do the perfect job or is that the secret of 2010 lol

its not rocket science,

Find;
1 splitter
a few self tapping screws.
5-6 sinicle friends.

1. Jack car up
2. Lie under car holding splitter and air drill
3. line the splitter up getting sinicle friends to comment till majority think its straight.
4. drill through
5. screw on.
6. get friend to hold splitter straight as you line it up all arround.
7. Run a small line of silicon over the top in the gap to ensure aerodynamics and to hide and signs of screws.

It's not quite that simple in fairness. In addition there are two legs in the centre, these either need trimming to fit, or ideally you would need to cut two square holes in the underneath of the bumper. These legs are designed to push through the hole and then the springs in them will 'clip' into place and hold it firm.

The splitter also needs both ends cutting back as it is too long for the A4. You can either just cut it off square, or taper it back so it has the 'factory' effect of fading in to the wheelarch.

It's not quite that simple in fairness. In addition there are two legs in the centre, these either need trimming to fit, or ideally you would need to cut two square holes in the underneath of the bumper. These legs are designed to push through the hole and then the springs in them will 'clip' into place and hold it firm.

The splitter also needs both ends cutting back as it is too long for the A4. You can either just cut it off square, or taper it back so it has the 'factory' effect of fading in to the wheelarch.

OOps forgot about trimming. in fairness i havn't fitted mine yet and the last car i fitted it to was a cupra r bumper. :p

Although did pop one on my mates ibiza on tuesday but i'd already trimmed her.

Part number "1ML 805 903" (confirmed, it is the "Cupra R front spoiler")... ordered from the local Seat dealership for £23.12.... and they DO let you pre-order with a credit card over the phone, unlike the local Audi!

Due Weds morning will hopefully be fitting it Weds / Fri...

Is this going to turn into a look at my splitter thread :))

whoops!!!!

mine is off.... doesn't work so well as a snow plough... I'm keeping it off until the snow is less that about 6" deep on my nan's road (currently over a foot deep)....

whoops!!!!

mine is off.... doesn't work so well as a snow plough... I'm keeping it off until the snow is less that about 6" deep on my nan's road (currently over a foot deep)....
****** that was short lived , More bonding needed next time .

whoops!!!!

any pics of when it was on?

Did you take it off? I can't believe it ripped off :(

Mine was ok ;)

Snow002.jpg

Last edited:
ha ha.... nice try... mine's 20mm lower (sport), S-Line kit makes it lower still... and I was driving 100yds+ in snow up to the bumper... I was using the headlight washers to clear the snow off the top of the bumper.... it's not THAT surprising it started to twist.... took it off before I did more damage to the splitter or my lower bumper...

no extra bonding needed - I'll just pop the same screws straight back in once I know I won't need to be driving in any more of that - actually pretty easy to work on it at my parents' place... the drive is so steep, there's about the same clearance as we had on the ramps if I park on the edge of their drive...

here's the pics of it on, you can now see why I was going to clean the car first...

Last edited:
Did you take it off? I can't believe it ripped off :(

Mine was ok ;)

Snow002.jpg

James, your Avant is looking sweet :thumbsup:.

Lostbok - Gutted mate, like you say, probably no surprise with these conditions. Will be looking good in summer though, hey?!

it's looking like an All-Road now with no splitter, 16's and big chunky snow/ice tyres... will put it on again when I have the front up and I'm putting the 18's back on again....

Not exactly "gutted".... the hard work of lining it all up has been doen and I just elected to take it off before any proper damage was done.

Last edited:
James...the Splitter looks very good.....I definately like it cos its very subtle......

That does make the front look tougher for sure.

I really need to get this done for mine, as i'm too tight to purchase an s-line lower bumper. I think a trip to seat is called for this friday, and perhaps a nice bank holiday addition to the car! :D

And lostbok, your wheels look stunning! (the car looks good too, but I am in love with the wheels) Infact, are they darker than standard or just dirty? ha. I did that on my old 306 a few years ago. I wanted darker wheels so I refused to wash them for months. It gave me the nice grey/ anthracite look i wanted until my father in law rubbed his shoe down it pointing out how dirty they were! :(

If they are standard, i reckon you should do they darker, they look nice.

got mine from tpt crazt88 cost £21 or £22 pounds i put pics up on here where every one puts pics of there cars it makes a big change to the car and ill be filling mine and painting it with the rest of the lower parts

And lostbok, your wheels look stunning! (the car looks good too, but I am in love with the wheels) Infact, are they darker than standard or just dirty? ha. I did that on my old 306 a few years ago. I wanted darker wheels so I refused to wash them for months. It gave me the nice grey/ anthracite look i wanted until my father in law rubbed his shoe down it pointing out how dirty they were! :(

Haha I bet your were gutted lol!

Lostbok's wheels were just dirty, it was in that icy cold salty weather a few months ago. I keep toying with the idea of doing mine anthracite.....

Get on and do that splitter! I deliberated for ages about doing mine, but it transforms it!