Cupra R brakes? Info please!

Bignick

Reaction score
Will Cupra R calipers and discs fit on my 1.8 T ? Or will i need to buy some kind of adaptor? i'm only on about the front ones.

Last edited:
Badger Bill does a kit based on Cupra calipers and 323mm discs. Supplies his own calipers mounts...

I assume you mean the Brembos...

<tuffty/>

You will need the caliper carriers and new hoses. Plus you will need at least 17 inch wheels to clear them.

Just bought some 312mm standard discs and calipers off a Seat Leon Cupra R and was under the impression they would bolt straight on with my 18" rims?

The leon cupra r discs are 323mm and slightly thicker than the standard 312mm discs from the S3

Well i just bought them for 200 quid and he said they are off an 04 plate with 40k on the clock and they are 312mm so do i need mounting brackets and braided hoses off a Cupra ? to fit my 1.8 T on a 99 plate? This is gonna be like getting a presant at xmas with no battteries? lol

on the Leon Cupra R they are not gifted with much clearance running 18's

web.jpg

they are some big buggers, but put some decent pads in them as the OE ones are cack

web.jpg

OK, looking at the fleabay ad, that is a Leon Cupra, not a Leon CupraR, they did 2 models, one with 180BHP the other with 210/225 depending on year of manufacturer. The 312mm setup is basically standard 8L S3 brakes, I think the caliper is the same as your 1.8T ones, just the carriers are bigger so you can fit the bigger disks on. If you paid £200 for the 312mm setup, I personally think you have been fleeced, especially if they didn't supply you with the carriers to make it work!

OK, looking at the fleabay ad, that is a Leon Cupra, not a Leon CupraR, they did 2 models, one with 180BHP the other with 210/225 depending on year of manufacturer. The 312mm setup is basically standard 8L S3 brakes, I think the caliper is the same as your 1.8T ones, just the carriers are bigger so you can fit the bigger disks on. If you paid £200 for the 312mm setup, I personally think you have been fleeced, especially if they didn't supply you with the carriers to make it work!

Oh dear...

If the brakes you have aren't big red Brembo 4 pots...you've been stung.

Well my brakes are sending the ABS all over the place , and they look like cotton reels so as long as they work , and are slightly bigger i dont mind

Just bought some 312mm standard discs and calipers off a Seat Leon Cupra R and was under the impression they would bolt straight on with my 18" rims?

312mm - don't think they're from an LCR - they would be 323mm.

Not all 18" rims will fit over an LCR kit without spacers - see my sig!!

What I've done is cross-referenced all wheels that fit both an LCR and an A3 - and narrowed my wheel choices from there.

[edit] sorry, should of read the whole thread before posting - basically repeating info.

Last edited: