1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cup holder

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Duber, May 20, 2006.

1. Duber

Duber Member

[May 20, 2006]
    Hello all,
    My S3 cup holder has jammed shut (old spillage probably) and won't dudge at all. Does anyone know how to go about dismantling the console so i can get to it? I have SATNAV fitted below so don't really want to disturb that lot. I'm thinking maybe through the dash vents above the holder/hazard/ESP switches would be an access point but unsure how to remove these also.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. AndyM

AndyM Member

[May 20, 2006]
    This thread had a guide on removing the vents. Id have thought itd be easier though to pull the satnav out and reach up from there, you wouldnt need to unhook anything just pull it out far enough to allow you to reach up behind the cup holder.
  4. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

[May 20, 2006]
    I was under the impression that u could prise/tease it out?
    Have you tried a flat blade? Just remeber to protect the surround with a cloth.
  5. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[May 21, 2006]
    If you push hard on it and move up and down with your finger while still pressing this should be enough to free it off
  6. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[May 21, 2006]
    Mine has stuck once as well, i was able to freee it by tapping it repeatedly in the middle for about 5 minutes and moving it up and down.

hope it helps

Mike