1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTS AVF 1.9....what colour and where is it?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by d3m0n, Nov 15, 2013.

1. d3m0n

d3m0n New Member

[Nov 15, 2013]
    As per the title i have an unresponsive gauge, im hoping its just that the CTS is ****** so will replace that before it goes into the garage. I know they come in different flavours (colours) so what should i be purchasing for my AVF 1.9TDI?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. mrnice

mrnice Member

[Nov 15, 2013]
    Audi parts dept will tell you, think its green (replaced original black one)
  4. martyn brooks

martyn brooks New Member

[Nov 30, 2013]
    audi parts wont tell you anything they say they are not allowed . but try it might just be bolton branch
  5. mrnice

mrnice Member

[Dec 2, 2013]
    How do you mean?, they won't sell you a part or they won't tell you what it looks like?,
    you must've met some narky parts dept employees. At audi Glasgow I gave my reg number and asked for a cts with seal and clip. 5 mins later I had the thing and was on my way out the door.
  6. mrnice

mrnice Member

[Dec 2, 2013]
    Ps it is located in a coolant housing on the side of the engine block at the back left (looking from front if car), under the air inlet pipe before it enters the egr/inlet manifold. It has a plug with 4 wires going to it. Bit fiddly to get to but easy.
  7. d3m0n

d3m0n New Member

[Dec 2, 2013]
    ok thanks for the info, looks liike ill have to pop in there to get ignored again!

Now im a hamfisted giant so i expect it will be a pita to do on my drive assuming you need to be doublejointed? lol
  8. mrnice

mrnice Member

[Dec 3, 2013]
    Hehe, it's not too bad, I removed the air box for a bit of elbow room and the intake pipe that goes into the egr too.
    i have miniature hands and spindly fingers tho,
    good luck!