1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruze Controle upgrade?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Turkster, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Breaking a B7 at the mo and iv got this bit in hope that i may be able to just plug it in and have my car programmed to use it,
    or is there more to the game?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. sebhar70

sebhar70 Member

I am yet to do it myself but have read alot about it on the forums, installing the parts is the easy part programming the control unit via VCDS takes a bit of time I believe. Check out this thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showth...o-DIS-Cruise-Upgrade&highlight=cruise control. I'm planning to do it myself I've got the control unit just need to get the cruise control stalk and steering cover next, the only problem is that I don't have the VCDS cable to do the programming and I don't fancy parting with £250 for the cable.
  3. Turkster

VCDS cable? im breaking a b7 with Cruze control in it, should i go back and the plug and wires too ?
  4. sebhar70

sebhar70 Member

VCDS also known as VAG-COM cable, it's the diagnostic cable you use to connect your laptop to the cars computer to diagnose and program electronic components.
  5. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

The VCDS cable is what you need to plug into the car, so you can program your car up to work with the new parts.
    Without one of these or someone that can program it for you, this retrofit will be impossible.

The parts look good though and if that is a Q on the end of the SCCM part number, its a good module too.
  6. Turkster

yep the parts all add up, iv got a cable but no program,, could anyone let me borrow theres?

There is a Q on the end :icon_thumright:
  7. ronny

ronny Audi A4 1.8TQ

The program costs 99 bucks from the states, whats that like 65 quid and it's a great piece of software, the cables are 13 quid on ebay and your good to go :)

Otherwise just ask on here and give your location, you can always drive to someone and let them program it up for you

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VSWR&Category_Code=VAGCOM