Crush My 307

I'd assume he needed a decent list of complaints before making a publicity-stunt website after he read about "milliondollarhomepage" ... ?

The difference is - this guy doesn't want to make money, he just wants lots of bad publicity for Peugeot and a car to replace his - then all the other money is going to charity! top effort I think!

I bought a 306 a few years back for the missus, what a load of s hit, I had loads of problems and in the end I got rid after the back wheel fell off!

Feel sorry for the guy, but I dont think his warranty will stand if he does go ahead and crushes it.

Easy way out for him would be to put a stautus quo CD in the player and randomly press all the buttons until the player crashes and sets the car on fire, claim off insurance, straight to a non french or italian car dealer and job done!

[ QUOTE ]
I bought a 306 a few years back for the missus, what a load of s hit, I had loads of problems and in the end I got rid after the back wheel fell off!

Feel sorry for the guy, but I dont think his warranty will stand if he does go ahead and crushes it.

Easy way out for him would be to put a stautus quo CD in the player and randomly press all the buttons until the player crashes and sets the car on fire[b/], claim off insurance, straight to a non french or italian car dealer and job done!

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY am a Status Quo fan thats not nice , theres loads worse just put on the charts on a sunday !

Hmmm, dunno what to make of this.

Really, its just unother unlucky guy who's ended up with the dud of the pack. Happens to many people, however why should i (or anyone else for that matter) donate money to him so he can buy himself a nice new car? Is he the only one thats ever had major problems with a car?

"If I get to £13,199 I will purchase a reliable Toyota Corolla 5Dr T-Spirit and crush the 307 in to a cube. Any extra that I make will be donated to cancer research."

Fair enough he said he'll donate money to charity, but thats only if he has any left over after spending £14,000 on a new Toyota. Which is unlikely, and even if he does, it will probably only be a few hundred quid. If he was really that generous, why not donate ALL the money to charity? Oh well, i've got a dodgy car, anyone wanna put £1 each towards a new one?

[ QUOTE ]
The difference is - this guy doesn't want to make money, he just wants lots of bad publicity for Peugeot and a car to replace his - then all the other money is going to charity! top effort I think!

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean he doesn't want to make money?

"If I get to £13,199 I will purchase a reliable Toyota Corolla 5Dr T-Spirit and crush the 307 in to a cube."

He wants to make over £13,000 to buy himself a new car, and he wants us lot to pay for it. Sorry, but i don't feel its my fault/problem that he has a dodgy car, guy has his own business i'm sure he can afford a new car himself, why should we pay for it. Is anyone gonna pay for your new car if your current one goes wrong, or gets stolen or whatever?

I think it's funny, yes he doesn't want to crush his car and have nothing to drive - but he does say to crush it, it has to be stripped and the money from the sale of these bits will all go to charity. I also think it's genuine in him wanting to make money for charity - what difference does a pound make to all of us? then we get to see a 307 crushed and delivered back to peugeot - worth every penny if you ask me!

Had the exact same problems with my 307. Of the 13 months I owned the car it was in the garage for 6 of them. Had to do 1100 miles a week to work in a crappy 1.4 loaner.

Final "trial and error" fix from Peugeot was to replace the catalytic convertor as they had mistakenly put a 1.4 unit on instead of a 1.9 during one of the past fixes. Collected the car and drove straight to my local Audi dealer and did a deal for an A4.

Didn't see that car move from his lot for months afterwards. Had no idea if the problem was resolved.

Peugeot had a cheek to take me to court for a £65 bill a few months after for replacing the particulate filter as part of the fault finding process, even though the car was nowhere near the mileage for this to be done.

Peugeot are crap.

What happened in court? Did you win?

Gotta feel for this guy and his problems but it does beg the question if he needs the car so badly for his 24hour call-out job (as he repeatedly states) then why doesn't he just get rid of it... I can see his point of principle and to be honest I would feel the same about them needing to replace the car but what we want and what they will actually provide are two different things unfortunately.

The whole crushing scenario would be very amusing indeed if he actually went ahead with it... I think it would be pretty funny to watch anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif