1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise,Dis & washer sensor

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mattyboyc, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

[Dec 16, 2013]
    Over the christmas and new year break i plan on doing the cruise and Dis mod, i have most of the parts now and will be adding the washer level sensor, having read lots of threads on here and various other forums i have most of the information i need,the install should be straight forward but the coding is a different story, i will be using a different sccm and understand that i will have to get the new sccm to learn the vehicle vin, this is where i require more information.Does anyone have a "how to " of what actually needs coding or any links to a write up and also the connecting of the washer sensor, i read that the other end of the wire from pin 1 in the instrument cluster goes to a plug in the passenger footwell?, does anyone know if this is indeed correct or can i just earth one side of the sensor and then run the other side directly to pin 1?Any help with this gratefully recieved as always,Matt
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. planethe

planethe New Member

[Dec 18, 2013]
    To make the SCSM “learn” the car’s VIN (using Vag-Com): Step 1. Go into [Adaptation – 10] Step 2. Select channel 81 Step 3. Select New Value = 00111 Step 4. Hit enter on your keyboard, or click [Save] Step 5. Select [Done, Go Back]
  4. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

5. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

[Dec 18, 2013]
    Thank you for the replys, I am having no end of problems trying to post via ipad or iphone but all seems to work on my laptop, hope it's all sorted soon.
  6. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

[Dec 18, 2013]
    I'd like to know how you get on as I'm planning the same mod. Where a outs do you live mate?
  7. dentsy

dentsy I HAVE THE OPTION CODES

[Feb 20, 2014]
    Hi, Eventually did mine this week cruise and DIS all working well apart from the dreaded washer bottle low warning.

Someone did say somewhere that there is a block connector in the passenger footwell that you can earth out a pin I am sure they said pin 9 on the black connector so I tried this today and I still got the warning :-(

Can anyone tell me the colour of the wire at the passenger footwell a pic would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Si
  8. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

[Feb 20, 2014]
    run a wire from pin 1 behind the clocks cant 100% remember which plug think its one closest to drivers door, and run it to one of the earthing points under the dash there are plenty

im saying this and i still havnt done mine, lived with it for months now haha
  9. dentsy

[Feb 20, 2014]
    Damn wish I had done that when all the cowl was stripped down 😒

Peeps say that the B7 can be done in passenger footwell ?

Si
  10. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 20, 2014]
    its the one furthest from the drivers door

you can do it from the footwell but its tight and fiddly I would remove the clocks if you can its only 2 screws althought they are atwat to get back in

pull the clocks out with the left hand side out more as this si the side where the plug is
    Dan TheMan Welburn likes this.
  11. archemist

archemist Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 21, 2014]
  12. dentsy

[Feb 22, 2014]
    Ok thanks all,

Really would rather do it from passenger footwell if anyone can help?

Also I have a dis stalk for a saloon for sale if anyone interested

Si
  13. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 22, 2014]
    remove the bottom panel get upside down fiddle about for ages till you get the plug out

do the bits needed struggle to plug it in earth it job done
  14. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

[Feb 22, 2014]
    So now after having done steering arms and track rods next week the next one will be the cruise/ dis, i would much prefer to fit a washer bottle sensor than earth out the pin, has anyone dine this? And if so where do the two wires from the new sensor go?
    Thanks in advance,
    Matt
  15. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

[Mar 27, 2014]
    I will finally be doing the cruise/ dis on tuesday, as i will be changing my sccm i have a couple of questions.
    If it goes tits up will i still be able to drive the car although the dash will be lit up like blackpool! And should i take a note of any of the original codes?
    Thanks as always
    Matt
  16. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

[Mar 27, 2014]