1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise control wiring loom

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by adamss24, Jul 24, 2009.

1. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Jul 24, 2009]
    Hi guys, does anyone know the part number for the cruise control wiring loom from stalk to ECU on a 2.5 tdi drive-by-wire 98 model ? I am atempting to retrofit cruise control to said car and local dealer is clueless ! Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. dieselfitter251

dieselfitter251 Blow ma own trumpet?

[Jul 24, 2009]
    Hmmm. No, but. I've been in my steering column a few times, by the looks of it, (and I may very well be wrong), it's not a seperate loom. It's part of the full colomn loom but on a column with cruise control. Know what I mean?
  4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Jul 24, 2009]
    Yeah, i know but dealer used to retrofit CC to cars not fitted at the factory... I got the same answer from dealer (you need to purchase the whole wiring loom sir... mucho dinerros !) but i am looking for the seperate loom for b5 platform... I had a link once for the loom for a b5 passat but cannot find it at the moment (the stalk is different on a b5 passat though but the arm its the same.) If i cannot find it i will just make me own as its just a 5 wire loom, just need to go back to scrappy to fetch the right plug ! If anyone knows more, please chip-in ! Thank you all.:think:
  5. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 24, 2009]
  6. dieselfitter251

[Jul 24, 2009]
    Good luck... I've been checkin out Stinky's replacements. A3's and A4's, mostly without CC sadley. It's one of the things I value the most due to the mileage I do and have considered retro fitting myself. I'd be interested in how you get on. Keep us posted!
  7. dieselfitter251

[Jul 24, 2009]
    Good luck... I've been checkin out Stinky's replacements. A3's and A4's, mostly without CC sadley. It's one of the things I value the most due to the mileage I do and have considered retro fitting myself. I'd be interested in how you get on. Keep us posted!
  8. auroan

auroan Active Member

[Jul 24, 2009]
    It's a ball ache job to fit. I retro fitted it to my old 2.8q. The biggest problem is getting the cable neatly ran to the ecu. I was basically upside down doing a reverse hand stand in the foot well with a pen tourch in my mouth, so I could get in and see where the wires needed to feed.
  9. a4turbos

a4turbos New Member

[Jul 28, 2009]

exactly. I did it on the S4 and it is an awkward job. Some guides say make the loom 18 inches long....no way..make it about 3 feet at least or it will never fit. Be careful taking off the steering wheel, airbag and clock spring, my clock spring broke and was a pain to get a new one.