1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise Control Steering Module???

Avus Sportback Dec 31, 2010

1. Avus Sportback

Avus Sportback Member

Hi Chaps, just a few questions that have probably been asked a thousand times

Is the Cruise control kit different between the 3DR and Sportback?

I already have the MFSW and RNS-E (not that the radio has anything to do with it) the car is a Jan 2008 S-line Quattro 170, Will i already have the correct Steering Control Module to enable me to fit Cruise Control?

Will this kit do Audi A3 (8P) TT (8J) - Retrofit Cruise Control & Trim on eBay (end time 12-Jan-11 17:06:17 GMT) or a there a cheaper kit available?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

2. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

If you do a simple search like the one I've just done for you, you would find the answers :-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/search.php?searchid=1305091 There are 97 separate threads !

Please search first before asking a question !!

The answers to your questions are (because it's New Year and I'm feeling generous !! ):-

No difference in CC between 3 and 5 door

You will already have a suitable steering control unit if you have MFSW

That price is maybe slightly high (tenner or so ) but check out Stoke Audi who sponsor this forum. Speak to Dave who will give you the best price.

You will also need the steering ecu coded by a dealer or somene with VCDS

Please remember - search first and then ask if you need to. Happy New Year :beerchug:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  3. Avus Sportback

Avus Sportback Member

Sorry Mike, I did search but I dont have the facility at this moment to know what steering module I have and thought it may have been the lowline module, but i thought i'd ask the question as some of you may know the module i have is already the correct one.

Thanks for the info...

4. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User