1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise control retrofitted

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by Veneeringman, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Veneeringman

Veneeringman Bazinga

Hi All,

Bought a Cruise control retrofit kit from VW Teeside fitted it Saturday, quite straightforward really even the removal and refit of the Airbag caused no problems ;)

Kit even came with the relevant coding info and VW Teeside were very helpful too.

On a different subject, after having the software update when i had the service and brakes done, i noticed the car was not being held as well on inclines (HHA) so while doing the coding i checked this and it had been turned off ?! Strange ! anyway its back on now so all is good again, perhaps the software update changes a couple of the settings maybe ?
    45bvtc likes this.
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Normal, as they returned the coding to the factory state, which is done on fw updates :)
  3. P_G

P_G Member

VW Teesside recommended, they fitted the cruise for me a couple of weeks ago as well as supplying the kit because I wasn't fussed about DIY. Took them less than an hour and the price was less than it would have proportionately cost me to do it.
  4. RYes3

RYes3 Member

Mine has never had HHA turned on from new. I actually missed it when I swapped the S3 for the RS3. So does it work well on the RS3?
  5. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor

I think it would work exactly the same as on an S3 mate.............and it works very well.