1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise control retrofit problems

moogie Feb 11, 2006

1. moogie

moogie Member

Just got back home from retrofitting the cruise control stalk and a new electronics unit. While the mechanical part of the installation went just fine, I ran into a couple (most likely) coding related issues.

First of all, I now have a couple of error codes (unclearable) present. These are:

Address 03: ABS Brakes
    Part No: 1K0 907 379 E
    Component: ESP ALLRAD MK60 0104
    Coding: 0021122
    Shop #: WSC 06435

1 Fault Found:
    00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
    005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

and

Address 44: Steering Assist
    Part No: 1K1 909 144 H
    Component: EPS_ZFLS Kl.3 1502

2 Faults Found:
    02546 - Steering Limit Stop
    00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)

Quite likely due to these, both ESP and "steering wheel" lights are permanently lit on the dashboard. Neither ESP nor the steering assistant is functioning - the first being a minor issue, but the second is rather annoying as the steering is *really* heavy right now without the assistant.

Any ideas what I has to be done to "adapt/calibrate" the steering wheel position? I'm out of ideas right now, especially as the instructions I had didn't mention anything about this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And the second problem I had is that I was unable to enter the "login code" to the Engine control unit with Vag-com to enable to cruise functionality. All instructions refer to using the "login" button to do so, but mine is disabled - apparently due to the long coding style used in my control unit. Picture below:

[​IMG]

Any help in either problem is most welcome!