Cruise Control Retrofit - 7or10 Pin?

Ian_C

Dorsprung Turch Vechnique
Reaction score
Just booked my car into Starperformance to get Cruise fitted to my motor.

March '07 TFSI S Line

Got my 01 Turbo done there a few years ago, they do a good job.

However nice chap Jim quoted £220 and said if the car doesn't have a 10 pin adaptor (?) behind the steering wheel, and only has a 7 pin job it will be £299.

Won' know until they remove the steering wheel etc. He says he can't tell from the VIN/Chassis number whether its one or the other.

Surely one of you bright fellas will know the likelyhood of what my car will have?:salute:

I think its either 9 or 10 pin. Some one with VAGCOM will be able to check which version you have. Do you have a MFSW?

You need a new lower steering cowl and the stalk which is about £60 ill check when I get home on invoice.

Isn't this to do with the steering wheel controller? If you already have the MFSW you will have the 10pin controller as the one controller does both MFSW and cruise. If you don't have MFSW then you will need to buy the new controller which accounts for the increase in cost.

The good news is that if you need to buy the controller and then decide to buy the MFSW, you won't need to buy an additional controller as the one you've already bought will do.