cruise control, how do i use it?

Ollie-B

Rockin' Shnit
Reaction score
My car has the stork but im beginning to think its not connected or programed? No amount of fiddling with it seems to do anything lol i might be being daft and it might be simple but i cant do it haha

You may have a faulty clutch or brake switch.

A scan with vcds would show this.

A scan does not show a faulty clutch switch you would have to look through measuring blocks to check

To operate the cruise you have to have the stalk in the on position which is pulled towards you you will feel it click in then you get to a speed above 20mph then push the center button

If it doesn't work then you have a problem which is more then likely the clutch switch

If you can't get it scanned then remove the trim which covers the area where the switch is remove the plug from the switch and short the plug with a piece of wire and try the cruise again if it works you need a new switch at around 15 quid

That or it was retro fitted and never programmed into the car

Or it was retro fitted and the control module wasn't changed and its a F version. Again a scan will tell you.

Yes it could be that its not been coded but if you don't have vcds its far quicker and cheaper to check the clutch switch

Check one thing at a time if shorting the clutch switch doesn't work then get it plugged in and checked it could even be a duff stalk

How wud i get it scanned? Im guessing not every obd scanner can go so deep into the programms. Is it just average joes with the software on their laptop?