1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossed/drilled discs on a 170 anyone

Macdoon Mar 3, 2012

1. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

Hi Gang

Is anyone running crossed & drilled brakes discs on their 170, if so where from, recommendations.

Cheers

Mac

2. eddscott

eddscott Member

I always thought aftermarket drilled were best avoided because they were prone to cracking around the holes?

Are S4 brakes beefier? Maybe source them from feebay or a breakers?

3. Jeeves

Jeeves quattronly

I think he means the cross-drilled ones from the 2.0T Special Edition. I asked about fitting these, but its not a straight swap as the discs are larger so need different calipers too.

4. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

Not necessarily from the 2.0T, but i have seen some running cross drilled discs on 170's, just wondered if anyone on here had any knowledge of them.

5. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

M-tech when i got my 140 vant they had just been fitted all round

6. Macdoon

Cheers Lee, just googled M-tech, they look great, and a good price.

Any recommendation on pads or would you use MTEC's

Mac

7. hades-

they got red stuff in them

8. Macdoon

Sold lol, don't suppose you would know the exact dimensions of the 170 discs, Audi said 288mm x 25mm, but i've measured and am sure they are 312 x 25 :think:

9. hades-

the ones on this 06 140 are 312

10. Macdoon

I'll be popping the wheels off the morra to measure again to make sure, thanks for the info fella, appreciated.

11. Jeeves

Jeeves quattronly

Post up your dimensions please as I will probably be going down the same route when replacements are due.

Thanks.

12. Macdoon

Will do, soon as i get them measured fella