Cross referencing part numbers?

Andyb5tdi

B5 1.9TDi AFN
Reaction score
Happy New year guys :)

I need a get a rear caliper bracket for my B5 1.9 TDI but am having trouble finding one. How can I find the part number for it and cross reference it to to see what other cars used the same bracket?

I went to a large scrap yard on Saturday, didn't find any A4s but there were a few A3s and quite a few MK4 golfs.

Any help appreciated

Andy

Look on oemepc and that will give you the part number. I bought a brand new one off ebay for my. 97 1.9tdi and it was £18.50 delivered. Came with the sliders and boots but not the bolts but I had already bought them separately.

You need to know the PR code for your brakes before you go picking random part numbers.

Thanks Dan, I saw the new ones on EBay, the thing that put me off was how cheap they are. I was thinking if they are that cheap they are probably Chinese lol. Darren by the PR code do you mean the part number of the old bracket?

Help much appreciated guys

Well part number of the old bracket would help if its readable or the code listed on your data sticker relating to the front/rear discs will also help.

Part numbers arent on the old brackets, and all A4 quattros use the same carrier.

The ebay one linked is probably the right part.

I've had a look and i do have a couple in the garage, but they're really quite rusty, and for 18quid your probably better off just buying a new one.