CREE H7 LED conversion kit.

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I'm tempted to get a set of these in the New Year. Has anyone any experience of using them in a reflector headlight?

Last edited:
I doubt they'd perform any better or as good as halogen bulbs to be honest but I may be wrong. Really expensive too! I'd probably consider them in the fog lights, but certainly not in headlight reflectors.

As A4_MaJik says, i doubt they would be any better, in my experience LEDs just don't seem to have the range of a decent halogen, unless OEM ones like in the R8 and the new Seat Leon I have been driving. Cant beat a decent set of HIDs (in the correct housing IMHO)

Thanks, guys. The research I've done elsewhere suggests the same, especially when installed in reflectors.

Says 50w but if you read the small print that is the total of both bulbs, they are 25w each.

The pic of the bulb lit up doesnt look very impressive.
Would be good to see a pic of the beam pattern on the road before parting with any money

The power figure isn't relevent as you aren't compareing like with like. A 25W LED will produce a lot more light than a 50W halogen. The same as a 35W HID produces about 3 times the light of a 50W halogen.
they are supposed to produce 1800 Lumens, These
I wouldn't bother with these though as you will have all kinds of issues with the beam pattern and I suspect all kinds of colour fringing issues. The bulbs themselves are large as they have attached fans at the bases which may cause fitting issues.
Just get some Nightbreakers or similar.

Karl.

Reactions: 6833jon and jdp1962
The power figure isn't relevent as you aren't compareing like with like. A 25W LED will produce a lot more light than a 50W halogen. The same as a 35W HID produces about 3 times the light of a 50W halogen.
they are supposed to produce 1800 Lumens, These
I wouldn't bother with these though as you will have all kinds of issues with the beam pattern and I suspect all kinds of colour fringing issues. The bulbs themselves are large as they have attached fans at the bases which may cause fitting issues.
Just get some Nightbreakers or similar.

Karl.

Nightbreakers already in place :thumbsup:

I will do another projector retro kit in the new year which would be as good, if not better than OEM xenon?

I will get the A3 8l guys involved as I am working on some facelift projector lights for a member but going to get rid of the halogen projector and replace with the morimoto ones so going to have a lot of brackets so will offer them out in a group buy if the 8l members want to do this.

more info soon.

Thanks
trups

I will do another projector retro kit in the new year which would be as good, if not better than OEM xenon?

I will get the A3 8l guys involved as I am working on some facelift projector lights for a member but going to get rid of the halogen projector and replace with the morimoto ones so going to have a lot of brackets so will offer them out in a group buy if the 8l members want to do this.

more info soon.

Thanks
trups

Any news on the error free LED platelights trups?
Ive gone and bought the oem audi ones with 2 LEDs and they're no good, go out by themselves. :keule: