Creations vs SFS Oversized TIP

schwartza3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've seen a lot of good reviews about the SFS oversized TIP, anyone using the Creations motorsport oversized TIP?

Seems like the Creations is 80mm vs SFS 70mm, it would fit the my VR6 maf without any adaptors etc. and is a fair bit cheaper.

You can check it out on ebay, just type in:
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T 20VT 3" MAF OVERSIZED SILICONE TURBO INTAKE PIPE AGU ARZ

Sfs don't sell the 80mm Tip for Agu directly you have to go through a 3rd party.. creation do and they are much of a much expect the SFS one only comes with DV and N75 so to keep it looking cleaner if you don't need the other pipes. Pricing is similar as well

The isssue here is that Creation Motorsports bring out items very similar to other companies, is it a coincidence they brought out 2x ko4 Turbo intakes that look "remarkably" like the badger5 billet v2.2 and v3.

SFS wouldn't produce an 80mm supersize tip for ko3 turbos with 3 inch MAFs when I spoke to them, they said there wasn't a market big enough for it.

I guess CM filled that gap.

Personally I chose SFS at the time over CM to support the developing company and it was only like £7 more

Sfs produce a k03 oversized tip with 51mm inlet and 3" maf they just don't sell it direct to the public or other companies..There is a market for them presently..CM now also sell a k03 tip with 51mm inlet and 3 " maf and do sell to the public and other suppliers.. both as good as each other and very similar price..

Sorry to clarify, I contacted Ram-Air (I thought they were the same company- my bad) to request a tip with a 46mm intake supersized and 80mm MAF and they said there was no market for SFS to make them.

Too bad I'll have to use an ugly adapter for my Vr6 Maf

The difference in price is a fair bit more incl. shipping to Oz, around $120AUD all up.
Regardless of the price it seems like a not bad option, straight fit onto VR6 maf & k04-001 intake, slightly bigger diameter than SFS so should flow slightly better, not sure if it'll make much difference on k04-001 but anyway.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with it especially with regards to flow and fitment, looks like it'll be a very tight squeeze between the water pipe running right past the turbo intake. Hoping there's a bit of play in the water pipe once it's unbolted from the block and that I can put a spacer/thicker washer so it doesn't push onto the intake once it's installed.
Antwan, how did you go with installing the SFS intake?

Also, I couldn't see any intake on Badger5 site that fits k04-001/VR6 maf?

No one else makes a 46mm turbo end and 80mm MAf end.

Supersize TIPs are an **** to fit, theres a hard water pipe on the block that has to be unbolted to fit it and when you put it back on it presses on the TIP a bit, there's no way around it.

They work a treat though, I pulled 17 G/S more just from fitting it.

Reactions: badger5
More often that not, due to the age of these cars, the metal water pipe will crack due to corrosion when bending it out of the way.

I found this out the hard way!

Reactions: antwan64og
Agree on them being a P.I.T.A to fit, easier if you undo the water pipe, I had some hose left over from my catch can install so sliced it and put it over the water pipe to avoid any rubbing as a precaution.

received the Creations Oversized TIP a few weeks ago, it's massive

will be interesting to see the g/s improvement over the Creations standard TIP that's currently on the car.