1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creaky seats

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Timbo, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

[Sep 30, 2005]
    Both front seats in my car creak when cornering, passenger one only if someone's sat in it. As I'm on a rattle busting mission at the moment I want it to stop!

Has anyone else with a pre-facelift 1.8T had this problem and managed to fix it? If so how?

Cheers!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Markb

Markb Active Member

[Sep 30, 2005]
    Mine do the same and it is really annoying.

My soloution soon will be replacing them for Recaros LOL.

Sorry I can't help with a fix LOL
  4. marctwo

marctwo Member

[Sep 30, 2005]
    My Recaros do this. Seems to happen mostly in the Winter and then just go away again. Dealer put some grease on the runners at the bottom but I believe my creak comes from the seat itself and not the base. Just turn the stereo up louder!
  5. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

[Sep 30, 2005]
    Cheers for the responses chaps. If the problem's the same for recaros maybe it's coming from the runners after all?

I'll have a go at it with some spray grease over the weekend and let you know if that works.
  6. imported_gek

imported_gek Guest

[Sep 30, 2005]
    My passenger seat squeeks.

I've located where it is coming from - the plastic housing for the electric controls - I just haven't got around to sorting it out yet.

If you can manage it safely, lean over and hold it while moving to see if that's it.
  7. AndyCollins

AndyCollins Member

[Sep 30, 2005]
    I found that my passenger seat creaked a lot when someone is sitting in it. Located it as the seat belt socket rubbing against the side of the seat base. By moving it slightly the squeak stops. May not be the same for you guys though as I have an A4 with leather.
  8. davidhodgkinson

davidhodgkinson Member

[Sep 30, 2005]
    I found that my seat creaked a lot when sitting in it. After several trips to the stealer, they found it to be 2 "rubber bump stoppers" within the seat base. After a slight lube, it's been silent for the last 12 months
  9. noodle

noodle Member

[Oct 1, 2005]
    Yup, also had the 'creaky seat' syndrome - drove me fecking crazy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It turned out to be the plastic housing under the seat - Audi lubed it all up for me and, so far, it hasn't returned.
  10. The Slug

The Slug Active Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yup, also had the 'creaky seat' syndrome - drove me fecking crazy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It turned out to be the plastic housing under the seat - Audi lubed it all up for me and, so far, it hasn't returned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here too!