1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creaky noisy tailgate A6 avant

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by crispin, Mar 13, 2011.

1. crispin

crispin Member

[Mar 13, 2011]
    anybody else have a creaky boot, I have a C6 3.0TDI avant, the plastic surround on the inside of the tailgate is always creaking as the car drives, not very Audi really!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. HerefordQuattro

HerefordQuattro Member

[Mar 13, 2011]
    Not a C6 but ever since i took mine apart to fix the leaking rear washer it's not been the same.

S-line suspension won't help either, since dropping my tyre profile from 55 to 40 the crashing and creaking has got worse:banghead:
  4. richardpolo

richardpolo richardaudi0

[Mar 14, 2011]
    Try spraying some silicone lubricant in the groove of the plastic lock mechanism cover where it joins the tailgate trim. I had this and it cured it completely after many times taking the whole trim off and trying to pad with felt or spray various edges of it.
  5. crispin

crispin Member

[Mar 14, 2011]
    I have also stuffed bits of foam pad and tape all around the inside trim. I was going to take it all off this afternoon but I will try your trick first as I have some silicon spray here at work!! I will let you know, fingers crossed!
  6. crispin

crispin Member

[Mar 15, 2011]
    I tried spray in the hinges at the roofline but I'm not sure that is what you mean (didn't work), do you mean the locking mech on the tailgate where it meets the bumper, sorry but hard to explain??
  7. richardpolo

richardpolo richardaudi0

[Mar 16, 2011]
    I found a pic on Google, although it's not the correct model, and have ringed the area I'm talking about, but I can't see how to attach it to this reply, so if you PM me with your email address I'll send it. You might be able to spray without dismantling, or, if not, just undo the screws then release the two internal clips either side allowing you to pull the trim down slightly to get the spray into the groove. Hope this is OK.
  8. crispin

crispin Member

[Mar 16, 2011]
    Thanks Richard for help but a no go, I'll have to life with it I think.
  9. crispin

crispin Member

[Mar 22, 2011]
    sorted!! It was not the rear trim on the bootlid, it was the cargo net. very happy!! Thanks for all help and advice!