Creaking / play in front driver side wheel

Jackson_a3

Reaction score
Recently, I have noticed a squeak from the front right wheel whenever I go over a bump or the suspension gets compressed. I have been getting the train to work recently so haven't been using it, and have only just had a chance to have a look at it.

Firstly, the top mounts look different - drivers side sits higher than the passenger side;

A short video of me jumping on the door sill to show the sqeaking;

IMG0521 - YouTube

So I jacked it up today, and there is a LOT of play in the front wheel, I can move it by hand about 2cm (in the direction as if I am turning the steering wheel). The play is the bumper side of the wheel, the door side of the wheel is solid. When I do this the whole suspension strut, brake etc moves, and the top mount turns when I do it also. The car is on KW coilovers and had the lower ball joint replaced just before Christmas.

Any ideas on what would be causing this would be gratefully received, needless to say I will continue to get the train until this is sorted!

bottom ball joint is gone i would of thought, that is why you have movement, the top mount bush is worn, thats prob giving you the noise