1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creaking noise

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dj0nes, Mar 24, 2012.

1. dj0nes

dj0nes New Member

Hey guys,

Could anyone shed any light on this for me?

Audi A4 creaking noise - YouTube

This video isn't mine but the sound is exactly the same! Whenever I engage the clutch or accelerate or drive over bumps I hear this sound.

I have done a search and found loads of creaking related problems but none which sound like mine.
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Hi, welcome to ASN. Have a look in the threads at the top of the page see if there is any info in there. One of the guys will be along shortly. Enjoy the forum. :)
  3. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

hi i have the same sound on mine no where near as bad as the video mind but still the same. i think its coming from the stearing rack but its hard as hell to pin point if it is 100% ;-(
  4. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

5. dj0nes

dj0nes New Member

Thanks for the link Sandra, didn't have anything on my issue but bookmarked as it is very useful :)
    I was messing around with the car earlier and I am wondering if it could be my engine mounts, how much movement should I see from the engine with the bonnet up and revving the engine.
    I can also slightly rock the engine by my hand, I know there has got to be some movement or it will just snap over bumps but should I be able to move it with my hand - I'm certainly no Arnie!
  6. dj0nes

dj0nes New Member

@Simon

I have the car booked in for next Saturday, subscribe to this thread mate- I'll report back with the damage.
  7. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

cool beans mate id kill my self if it gets any where near the one on the video lol