1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creaking noise

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dj0nes, Mar 24, 2012.

1. dj0nes

dj0nes New Member

Hey guys,

Could anyone shed any light on this for me?

Audi A4 creaking noise - YouTube

This video isn't mine but the sound is exactly the same! Whenever I engage the clutch or accelerate or drive over bumps I hear this sound.

I have done a search and found loads of creaking related problems but none which sound like mine.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Hi, welcome to ASN. Have a look in the threads at the top of the page see if there is any info in there. One of the guys will be along shortly. Enjoy the forum. :)

4. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

hi i have the same sound on mine no where near as bad as the video mind but still the same. i think its coming from the stearing rack but its hard as hell to pin point if it is 100% ;-(

5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

6. dj0nes

dj0nes New Member

Thanks for the link Sandra, didn't have anything on my issue but bookmarked as it is very useful :)
    I was messing around with the car earlier and I am wondering if it could be my engine mounts, how much movement should I see from the engine with the bonnet up and revving the engine.
    I can also slightly rock the engine by my hand, I know there has got to be some movement or it will just snap over bumps but should I be able to move it with my hand - I'm certainly no Arnie!

7. dj0nes

dj0nes New Member

@Simon

I have the car booked in for next Saturday, subscribe to this thread mate- I'll report back with the damage.

8. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

cool beans mate id kill my self if it gets any where near the one on the video lol