1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creaking front end

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_Cali, Aug 8, 2004.

1. imported_Cali

imported_Cali Guest

Can someone out there please help. I have an 2000 A4 turbo Quatrro that has only just started creaking on the slightest of suspension travel - it is driving me crazy can some one please help. Do I need to replace the multi-link bushes - if so which ones. This hot dry weather isnt helping.

Cheers

2. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

bounce the left and right side of the car which ever side makes the noise you need to replace the lower straight ball joint for that side, there is a different way to tell each of the noises apart!
  3. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

its your control arms. What you need to do is take a look at your balljoint and see if there are any crakes or tears in the rubber sections around the ball joints. And replace them accordingly. The other way to find out which bushing is causing the squeeking is to buy some WD40 or something similar and spray it on one of the bushings and then drive the car and if it continues, then spray it on another. That way you will find out which one has gone bad