Creaking from rear

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
Another member recently started a thread about lowering springs and I commented about how my apex springs are a bit creaky to which another member commented that springs generally don't creak. So it got me thinking.

I lowered my car a while back with apex springs and I guess that's when the noise started.I had a mate stick his head under the car while I rocked the car from the rear wheel arch to try and identify where the creaking was coming from. We both reckoned it was coming from the upper arm on both sides, more specifically the inner bush not the rose joint. I installed some autobot adjustable tie arms on the bottom at the weekend with a new superpro bushes. I inspected the rose joints on the bottom and they were ok. I didn't however inspect the upper arm bushes.

Would it be the case that when I lowered the car there was a bit of extra strain on the bushes? Cos I know that it was advised when installing the new arms that I should tighten the bolts with the weight of the car on them, which I did. Would it be worth jacking the car up,loosing the bolts the tightening them with the weight of the car on them? Also is there any greasing I could do to them or should I be looking at getting new bushes.

I hear a lot of people warning about the rose joints going bad but not much mention of the inside ones

Thanks

I get the occasional creak coming from the rear when going over speed bumps so will be following this closely. Mine started after i got a r32 RARB with black line bushes (personally im thinking the black line bushes probably have something to do with it!)

Interested in this too. I get a creak coming from the rear going over speed bumps . I also have apex springs fitted .

I got up this morning and took out my top tie bar....I'm 99% sure it's the tubular bush making noise. I sprayed some lube on it to see if it made a difference. I put the weight back on the wheels, tightened everything up and guess what...... It's ****** worse... Gonna order a couple of superpro bushes and see if it makes a difference. Expensive way to find out

I get creeping from my 3weeks old powerflex bushes in my front and rear ARB. I thaught it was the ACTUALY arb at first but it isn't. I think the copper grease supplied with the bushes doesn't quite lube then up enough, so I sprayed white grease on the bushes to see if that helped and he noise went for a about 4-5 days.
Next time I have the wheels of I think I will properly grease them up.

Ive had creaking from the rear of mine for 4 years and I cannot for the life of me locate it.
Its got Koni shocks, Eibach Springs, S3 Daves adjustable tie bars on the lower arm. The only thing It can be is the bushes on the top arm or the rose joints

glad to see im not the only one. Well as i said im going to order superpro bushes and see if it makes a difference. Gonna cost me €100 for the pair though :confused: But the creaking is embarrasing and driving me mad

I've had creaking since i fitted Bilsteins, Eibachs, R32 ARBs and S3Dave's tie bars 2 years ago. Seems to only happen in summer and after paying several different people to try and find the source of it, I've have given up and resigned myself to living with it!