crazy power window problems

I

imported_wisethug0

I am at a total loss here. I have a 99.5 audi a4 1.8t quattro. A few months ago my windows developed a mind of thier own. While driving they would automatically roll themselves up, which is a very bad thing in southern CA. At first it was only the front doors, and I thought it was due to some arc in the wiring from when I installed a new stereo, as I had to remove the door panels for the speakers. However, now all the windows roll up when down, and I believe its caused by movement, as it only happens when I hit a bump, slam a door, etc. Each window is independent of each other, as the front left and rear right will roll up, the other two remainind down, then five minutes later just the front right will roll up. I have an understanding of automotive wiring, but after seeing under the dash i am terrified of audis. Its not the door panel switch, so my guess is its either a bads relay or alarm system related. Any ideas? Also, where are the relays for the windows? To further complicate things, the manual says the windows share a circut breaker with the A/C, which could also be related, but I dont know where this is either. Anyone know anything?

I have to say I'm miffed with this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Try the Bentley Publishers website as this is a technical site and maybe someone on there may be able to shed more light on it or have already covered the problem.

Post back and let us know how you got on.

aftermarket headunits are known to casue funnies with such electrics, but it happens just over speed bumps? sounds like maybe a loose connector somewhere, but i thought they all lock fitted together..