Crashed New A3 3.2 in an hour! Help with Bumpers Please!

magnus911

R8GGA
Reaction score
Website
www.it-tronics.co.uk
Hi All,

New to this forum, as I've only just got my first A3, but I'm in love with it already and unfortunately I managed to get involved in a bit of a pile-up on the M4 on the way back from picking it up...

I was at the front so just some minor damage to the rear bumper (Although I got hit pretty hard!).

Anyway, mine is the A3 3.2 S-line Quattro, built in 2004. It doesn't have parking sensors...so I'm wondering if I can replace the bumper with one with parking sensors and connect them up easily? The bumper's being fixed on insurance and they said they would let me pay the difference to have the sensors...but how easy are they to connect?

Any help gratefully appreciated. I'm also picking up an RNS-E tonight thanks to the helpful threads elsewhere on this forum!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you have a look at the following website it shows how to retrofit the parking sensors to an A4 - must be very similar on the A3 I would have thought.

http://www.audiretrofit.co.uk/

Thanks guys, I've been down to the repair shop who are quoting to my insurance company for the bumper. They've said they'll happily put on any bumper and if it costs more than the standard replacement from Audi I can pay the difference! So now I'm thinking a nice Rieger or Oettinger one, what are your thoughts? It's not often someone else will be paying for the paint and fitting!