1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crank Sensor location

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by P10GOT, Aug 14, 2013.

1. P10GOT

P10GOT New Member

[Aug 14, 2013]
    Hi

Having issues with 2006 a3 2.0 TFSI (BWA engine) where anything over 4k rpm the need jumps all over place with "EPC" flashing and have loss of power.

If I come off throttle, engine returns to normal untill I go over 4k again. If I force this the car will eventunually go in to a sort of soft limp mode were I can go over 4K rpm but with servere loss of power/ no turbo.

Starts fine everytime.

Checked all the normal plug & coils etc. ran vagcom and I am getting a P0321 code (Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Implausible Signal) which leads me to think it may be this.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of its location as I cant seem to find it via the search bar/ google

Thanks

Chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

[Aug 14, 2013]
    Normally it is bolted to the block at the gearbox end not sure if it is at the front or the back though.
  4. snoopster

snoopster Member

[Nov 23, 2014]
    Exact same problem with mine and VAGCOM pulls up intermittent signal on G28 Crank sensor. Did changing the sensor cure it or was it something else?