cracked !

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
My windscreen got a 5 inch crack right at the bottom,should i go through insurance ? £75 excess or leave it till it gets worse or pay out my own pocket,,,the full amount?

How do the autodim mirrors work? are they dependent on wat screen you have?

I'd go for insurance. I have to buy one for my old shaped A3 as it was under a traders policy & windscreen wasn't covered. Cheapest I could get it was for was £195 IIRC!

Why wouldn't you go through insurance? £75 is a bargain compared to the full price.

If you need time to save up, leave it until your MOT is due as it would be a failure.

I'd go through insurance mate. Cost loads other wise! I had my front and two side window smashed before cost me £50 to go through my insurance had the car back the next day :) Will it effect your ncb?

thanks

Ashley

No, window repaire will not affect your NCB, when they ask you if the car has a rain sensor just say yes, then you need to contact vw cruise and you can get the auto lights/rain sensor etc etc to work as it depends on the type of windscreen. last time i was quoted a rain sensored windscreen from autoglass it was 695+ vat :eek: so yes go through insurance mate!